Out-of-state families frequently ask how they can stay involved with their students’ experience and
the university from hundreds or even thousands of miles away. For more information on any of the opportunities listed below, contact the Sun Devil Family Association at 480-965-7625 or email@example.com.
- Regional Council — Consists of parents nationwide who want to support SDFA and its mission
in their region. Members provide leadership and organizational support for local outreach
efforts and work closely with ASU recruiters, alumni chapters, SDFA board, staff and the ASU
Foundation regional team. Regional Council members serve as parent leader connection points
for families in their regions.
- Regional Ambassadors — Members who assist the Regional Council with events and outreach in
their regions. Regional ambassadors serve as local parent representatives and work closely with
- Regional Volunteers — Serve as hosts or assist at events in their regions. Volunteers are
encouraged to attend tailgates, social events and regional activities to connect with Sun Devil
families in their geographical areas.
The entire family is invited to join us at regional ASU events, including:
- Nationwide Sun Devil Family Coffee Days — Hosted by fellow parents, these coffees are offered
from September through April and connect parents in a social and casual setting. SDFA staff
work closely with hosts to provide an easy and memorable experience for all.
- Sun Devil Send-Offs — Hosted by the ASU Alumni Association in
partnership with the SDFA, these summer social events welcome our
newest families and students to the university.
- Recruiting events — Parents interested in assisting with prospective
student and family events are encouraged to contact the senior director
of parent programs at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and opportunities.
- Tailgates, university events and alumni chapter events —
All out-of-state families are encouraged to attend events in
their areas. Sign up for the parent email distribution list to keep up-to-date with current