The SDFA encourages all Sun Devil families to become involved and offers many ways to engage
and make an impact. For more information on any of the opportunities listed below, contact the SDFA at 480-965-7625 or email@example.com.
- Become an ASU parent volunteer — SDFA volunteers assist at many university events including Fall
Welcome, Family Weekend and Homecoming and other SDFA-sponsored social events.
- SDFA volunteers and ambassadors — SDFA ambassadors participate in ASU training and share
their university knowledge within their communities. Ambassadors greet parents at new student
orientations, reach out to families via the parent calling committee and play a vital role in assisting
the scholarship committee.
- Serve on the SDFA parent leadership team — The SDFA board, supported by the ASU Foundation,
guides the activities of the organization. Responsibilities include directing parent-funded grants,
scholarships and parent outreach efforts.
- PLUMS (Parents of Alums) Council — Members stay involved after their students’ graduation,
assisting at events and serving as mentors to the SDFA alums. Signature PLUMS events include
the Homecoming reunion, parade participation and tailgating.
- Grandparent Connection — All ASU grandparents are invited to grandparent-specific events and to participate in university volunteer roles.
- SDFA Leadership Circle — A nationwide network of ASU families dedicated to making a
difference in the lives of ASU students and helping to advance ASU as an educational environment
committed to excellence and innovation.
- Barrett Dean’s Club — Provides vital resources to assist in the dean’s goals, from providing
scholarships to supporting faculty study leading to new honors courses. Dean’s Club members are
the pillars of the Barrett community.
- President’s Club — A group of passionate men and women committed to transforming public higher
education through their support of the ASU president, providing intellectual and financial resources,
assisting the president to further ASU as it sets a new model of public higher education.
- Women & Philanthropy — This organization inspires and empowers accomplished women by
providing educational, networking and philanthropic opportunities to support ASU.